Aeronautical Engineering is a special branch of Engineering. Aeronautical Engineering is a branch of Engineering which deals with design, creation and maintenance of Aircraft. Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering is considered one of the most demanding fields of engineering that has an ample scope for growth, name, and distinction in the society. Basically, it is related to the designing, construction, development, testing, operation and maintenance of both military and commercial aircraft, spacecraft. Moreover, it specializes in the designing to the maintenance of their components as well as missiles and satellites.
- Diploma courses – 3 year diploma course.
- E/B.Tech – 4 years degree course.
- E./M.Tech – 2 years master degree course
- B.E/B.Tech – It is a four-year degree program in Aeronautics. The interested person must pass the qualifying exam JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) conducted by the CBSE www.cbse.ac.in that’s called JEEMAIN. Visit www.jeemain.nic.in
Minimum qualification for BE / B.Tech is pass certificate of 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with the high percentage of marks in the aggregate.
It is two-year master degree program in Aeronautics or Aeronautical Engineering.
Minimum Eligibility for M.Tech / M.E courses is B.E / B.Tech (Aeronautical / Mechanical / Civil / Electronics). Selection of candidates depends on qualify of engineering competitive examination like as GAAT. Work Experience will be given preference.
There is a wide range of scope for an Aeronautical Engineers in India and abroad. An Aeronautical Engineer can work with various airlines like Indian Airlines, Air India, flying clubs; Helicopter Corporation of India, government owned air service, private airlines, and aircraft manufacturers. Aeronautical Engineer can get the services in national, international, private and public airline services and in aircraft-manufacturing units too.
The salary and other benefits are very attractive with the job in the both government and public sectors of Aeronautical engineer. A fresher can earn between Rs. 30,000 to Rs.50, 000 per month. Experiences person may earn around Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 1, 50,000 even more per month.
- IIT Mumbai aero.iitb.ac.in/home
- IIT Chennai iitmac.in
- IIT Kharagpur iitkgp.ac.in
- IIT Kanpur iitk.ac.in/aero
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh-11 pec.ac.in
- The Madras Institute of Technology Chennai-44 mitindia.edu
- The Aeronautical Society of India http://www.aerosocietyindia.in
- VSM Institute of Aerospace Engg & Tech Bangalore http://www.agragami.in
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering Dehradun-01, Uttrakhand http://www.iiaedehradun.org
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, New Delhi http://www.delhiflyingclub.org/