Architecture Engineering is a special branch of engineering which is mainly related to structure. Architect engineers are the real creators of amazing buildings and structures. Architect engineers have play different types of role. The main work of an Architect engineers is to draw and present ideas to the client based on project objectives, requirements and budget. The construction task involves both the designer and constructors. Any built structure is an outcome of close coordination and participation of a number of people, technical and non-technical, including architects, contractors, surveyors, engineers, designers along with bricklayers, masons, carpenters, electricians, plumbers etc. Everyone is specialized in his own area hence beyond comparison and play the different role.
- Diploma –3 years diploma in architecture
- Arch. – 5 years undergraduate course.
- Arch.- 2-year master degree course.
- D. Doctoral programme.
B.Arch. is a 5 years undergraduate degree course which is known as Bachelor of Architect.
For a diploma in engineering, one must pass the 10th class board examination with at least 50% marks. Various polytechnics offer diploma in various disciplines of engineering but there are only few institutes which run diploma in Architect engineering.
Minimum qualification for bachelor’s degree course B.Arch, is the 10+2 board examination with at least 50% marks (60% for IITs) in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects. www.jeemain.nic.in
The Council of Architecture conducts an aptitude test on an All India basis for admission to colleges of Architecture. Engineering colleges select students on the basis of the result to the appropriate engineering courses. CBSE is also conduct an entrance test for admission in IITs and NIITs with JEE MAIN www.jeemain.nic.in Some other renowned institutes carry their own selection tests to identify suitable candidates while some give weightage to class 12 marks and entrance examinations to select students.
Architects can work with construction companies where they serve as a designer. Some architects even work independently. An Architect engineer can work with government organizations such as Public Works Department (CPWD and PWD), the Archaeological Department, Ministry of Defence, National Building Organization, Town and Country Planning Organization, National Institute of Urban Affairs, Departments of Railways, Post and Telegraphs Department, Public Sector Undertakings, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, National Building Construction Corporation Limited, State Departments, Housing Boards, Local Bodies for construction works, Builders, Architecture Firms, Consultants, etc. Architect engineers can work as Architecture Engineer, Architect, Interior Designer and Architecture Designer etc.
In this sector, a fresher can get a starting salary between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month. In the government sector, the salary of diploma holders is about Rs.2 5,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month. An experience and established independent consultant earn more.
- IIT Roorkee iitr.ac.in
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi -02 spa.ac.in
- Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh-12. cca.nic.in
- School of Architecture CEPT, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009.
- Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Tagore Road, Lucknow 226002.
- Goa University, College of Architecture, Campal Panaji, gcarch.goa.gov.in
- Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai -01. sirjjarchitecture.org
- Indian Education Society’s College of Architecture, Mumbai – 50. mu.ac.in
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Architecture, Pune -04, mmcapune.org
- Jawaharlal Nehru School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad -28. jnafau.ac.in
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthpuram -16. cet.ac.in
- Anna University, School of Architecture & Planning, Chennai -25. annauniv.edu/Architecture/
- IPS Academy, School of Architecture, Indore -12. ipsacademy.org
- Bengal Engineering College, Howrah, becs.ac.in
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Haryana. sushantschool.org
- Vastu Kala Academy, School of Architecture & Interior Designing,. vakaarchitecture.com/
- SRM University srmuniv.ac.in