Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a bachelor course related to medical stream. It is first step for becoming a doctor. This is a five year (4-year study + 1 year internship) degree program. In many countries, the degrees are awarded after an undergraduate course lasting five or six years. In some cases, a graduate in another discipline may subsequently enter a special graduate-entry medical course, reduced in duration to account for relevant material covered or learning skills acquired during the first degree. In some cases the old first year courses (for six year degrees) in the basic sciences of physics, chemistry and biology have been abolished, and that standard has to be reached by means of school examinations before entry. However, in most countries a newly-graduated Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery must spend a specified period in internship before they can obtain full qualification as a medical practitioner. After doing this course student become a doctor. If he wants to do higher study like as M.D. or M.S. Health care is always first step & demand of doctors is always increase. An M.B.B.S doctor can give his services in government or private hospital or be can run his own private practice.
10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology at least 50% is minimum qualification for appearing to MBBS and B.B.S. Entrance test. For reservation category candidate minimum 40% marks are required in 10+2 examination.
Mode of Admission
Now there is a common test organized by CBSE called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) instead of AIPMT (All INDIA Pre Medical Test) for admission to 15% seats in government medical colleges of all over India. States take PMT for admission in there recognized medical colleges. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi (AIIMS), ZIPMER (Pondicherry) are taken their separate entrance test.
There are 180 questions from physics, chemistry, zoology and botany in the Entrance Test .All questions are objective type and medium of paper would English and other Indian languages. This paper is divided in to four parts and each part includes 45-45 questions from each physics, chemistry, zoology and botany. One fourth marks will cut for every wrong answer.
Syllabus for AIPMT /CPMT
This test followed class 11th and 12th syllabus of C.B.S.E of physics, chemistry, zoology and botany. So N.C.E.R.T. books are very use full for this examination.
After doing this course student become a doctor. Doctors always have a good status in the society. It is a top one career option for all if he/she can do it. Health care is always in first priority of every person and this done by only a doctor so demand of doctors is always increase. An M.B.B.S doctor can give his services in government or private hospital or be can run his own private practice. He can do work with NGO’s to serve the peoples. If he wants to do higher study like as M.D. or M.S., he/she can do it.
There is no bar in earning for an experienced doctor. It is a top one career option for all but every person could not do it. An M.B.B.S. doctor can earn Rs. 30000 to Rs. 100000 per month. It depends on his qualification and experience.
- CBSE www.cbse.nic. / www.aipmt.nic.in
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi (AIIMS) aiims.ac.in
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune afmc.nic.in
- KIIT University Bhubaneswar Odisa kiitee.ac.in / www.kiit.ac.in
- UKPMT utu.ac.in
- KG Medical University Lucknow Uttar Pradesh kgmcindia.edu
- B.H.U. Varanasi www.bhu.acin
- A.M.U. Aligarh www.,amu.nic.in
- JIPMER Puducheri jipmer.edu
- Manipal University. manipal.edu
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University ipu.ac.in
- Lady Harding Medical College lhmc.in
- Christian Medical College cmch-vellore.edu
- Kasturba Medical College manipal.edu
- The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research(PGIMER) Chandigarh pgimer.nic.in
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College Pune bharatividyapeeth.edu
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences bfuhs.ac.in
- Shivaji University unishivaji.ac.in
- SRM University srmuniv.ac.in
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences muhs.ac.in
- B. J. Medical College www.bjmc.org
- University College of Medical Science (University of Delhi) ucms.ac.in
- S. R. Himalayan University Dehradun www.srhu.edu.in