Human being is a social animal so he follows some rules made by society. Cloths are second skin of human being. Textile design is related to the process of design and structures for knitted of cotton, silk and other natural and artificial fabrics. Textile designing is related to producing many types of patterns for cloths used in clothing for men, women. children, household textiles and many types of decorative cloths etc. Beaing Textile designing is a part of fashion industry it provides a lot of job options. Because fashion trends change almost every day and the needs for newer designs become necessary for fashion industry. Textile Design Courses are able to satisfy the need of fashion industry. The main work of textile designers is to make creative, stylish and contemporary designs according to the demand of market as well as costumers. Textile Design courses are need a creative mind. The chances of career in this field are very broad. Candidates with a good understanding of fashion trends and interested in fine arts can find it beneficial for making a career.
- Certificate courses – 6 month
- Degree course– 3 years
- Post graduate courses – 2 years
- Diploma in Fashion and Textile Design – 4 years
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Designing -3 years
10+2 or its equivalent is minimum qualification for certificate/ diploma and degree courses, for post graduate degree courses, graduation is minimum qualification.
This field is a very fast growing field. So the chances of jobs in this field and related field are very good. Textile designers can work with textile designers, fashion houses, garment manufacturing industry, export houses, retailing industry, silk industry, khadi (cotton) industry, handloom field and apparel manufacturers etc. They can run their own boutique or become a professional textile designer. Textile designers can work as merchandising executives, fashion co-coordinators, designers etc in export houses, textile mills, and garment store chains etc. Textile designers also can work as freelance designer in house designer, stylist, color specialists, curator, printing supervisor or printing manager.
The earning in this sector has no any matter. A new textile designer can earn between Rs 20, 000 to Rs 40, 000 per month as starting salary. This increases with experience and time. A well stable textile designer can earn up to Rs 1, 50,000 per month.
- I.T Delhi www.iitd.ac.in
- Technologic Institute of Textile and sciences Bhiwani fifsbhiwani.org
- NIFT Delhi nift.ac.in
- National Institute of Design Ahamdabad nid.edu
- Pearl Academy of Fashion Jaipur pearlacademy.com
- Design and Inovation Academy Noaida diaindia.co.in
- The Apparel Training and Design Center Delhi aepeinia.com
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra. dei.ac.in
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Kolkata nift.ac.in
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai nift.ac.in
- ALT Training College, Bengaluru alttrainingcollege.com
- Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, (BILAMS),Kolkata bimtech.ac.in