Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing to the spread of information between an individual or an organization and the public. A strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics is known as PR i.e. Public relation. Public relations are a management function. The success, growth and continued existence of any organization depend upon the success with which it handles its relation with the public in matters of the various policies and aims set by the company. Now days all companies need to recruit separate PR professional to handle their affairs of public relation.
- Diploma courses
- Post graduate course
Minimum qualification for post graduate course is graduation degree in any discipline and for diploma course is 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recugnized institute. If one can pursues a degree in Mass Communication then it is better do Public Relations courses.
One can specialization in public relations in following branches related to PR:
- Financial public relations.
- Consumer or lifestyle public relations.
- Crisis communication.
- Internal communications.
- Government relations.
One can work as HR Manager, HR Executive, HR Director, HR Administrator, HR Assistant HR Consultant, HR Planner etc. A PR can work as blog writer, publicity events, speaking opportunities, press releases, newsletters, ,social media, press kits and outbound communication to members of the press. Video and audio news releases are often produced and distributed to TV outlets in hopes they will be used as regular program content. Increasing business opportunities create a demand for PR experts. A fresher usually starts his/ her career with a PR agency as an executive. A PR can work with organizations like as Banking institutes and other financial organizations, Public sector organizations, Corporate organizations, Hotels and resorts, Tourism industry, Private consultancies, Press Information Bureau, Professionals in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, like the Doordarshan, AIR, Film Division, Publication Division, Registrar of the News papers in India, Audio and Visual Publicity, Assistant and consultants to several political leaders and political parties, etc
Earning in this sector has no matter. At the entry level a PR can earn around Rs 25, 000 to Rs. 40,000 per month. It increases with experience and performance up to Rs 1, 50, 000 per month or more.
- South Gujarat University, Surat. vnsgu.ac.in
- University of Mumbai. mu.ac.in
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi University, Bhopal. mcu.ac.in
- Gujarat University, Navrangapura, Ahmedabad. gujaratuniversity.org.in
- IIMC, JNU Campus, New Delhi. iimc.ac.in
- Aligarh Muslim University. amu.ac.in
- Xaviers College of Communications. www.xaviercomm.org
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Communication, Pune simc.edu
- YMCA Institute of Media Studies, Delhi. newdelhiymca.in
- BR Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad braou.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore iijnm.org
- Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, Delhi bvbdelhi.org
- Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad mica-india.net
- of Communication and Journalism, Pune University www.unipune.ac.in
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayyam manoramajschool.com
- Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal manipal.edu
- Asian College of Journalism, Express Building, Bangalore-01. asianmedia.org
- New Delhi YMCA, Centre for Mass Media, New Delhi-01 newdelhiymca.in
- Amity School Of Journalism and Communication,New Delhi -24. amity.edu
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication,New Delhi-75 apeejay.edu
- School of Vocational Studies New Delhi cvsdu.com
- Indraprastha College for Women, New Delhi ipcollege.ac.in
- Lady Shri Ram College lsr.edu.in