Automation and Robotics is a branch of engineering which includes development and designing of the robot with its caring and research about robots. It also includes instruction, operating and testing, repairing, system maintenance and control techniques. Robotics engineers are employed to design robots, develop and research programs etc. They are also involved in product development and testing the robot’s component parts before creating the final design. Besides working on robots, robotics engineers are also brought in to develop and create tools, automated systems, factory equipment, and toys.
- E./B.Tech –4-year graduate course in Robotics Engineer.
- E./M.Tech-2-year post graduate course in Robotics Engineer.
- D. – Doctoral degrees in the field of robotics.
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths is a minimum qualification for B.E./B.Tech course. For M.E./M.Tech, B.E./B.Tech and for Ph.D. M.E./M.Tech is minimum qualification required. Candidate needs to have a strong hold on mathematics, computer science and engineering if he/she is hoping to work in robotics engineering
Robotics Engineers works in manufacturing units, hardware designer, ISRO etc. Robotics Engineers can work in the field of nuclear power plant maintenance, agriculture and mining etc. Robotic Engineers are very demanding in developed countries.
Salary is no matter in this field. Robotics Engineers can start earning between Rs. 40.000 to Rs. 1, 00, 000 per month. It increases with experience and education. In MNC’s salary can be from $70,000 to $10000 per annum.
- I.T Delhi. www.iitd.ac.in
- I.T Rovrkee. www.iitr.ac.in
- I.T Mumbai. www.iitb.ac.in
- I.T Kanpur. www.iitk.ac.in
- I.T B.H.U. www.itbhu.ac.in
- Birla Inst. Of Tech. and Sc. Pilani bits-pilani.ac.in
- Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Bangalore (CAIR) drdo.gov.in