Animation is a very fast groving and demondable field of career. Animation is emerging a special form of media. Cartoon animation, film animation, digital post-production, advertising, gaming, special effects are some of the parts of animation field. The animation industry has become an inseparable part of the entertainment industry.While doing degree in animation could teach how to create such animations. Animation is an interesting and secure career field which gives the increasing use of the technology in movies, media, advertising, television programming etc. An animator needs to be creative and have a lot of imaginations. There is a lot of requirement for animators in gaming industry, advertising and animated feature films.
- Graduate degree in animation– Three year course.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts (BFA) –Three year course.
- Diploma in animation – Six-months to one and a half years course.
Minimum qualification for a diploma or degree in animation is 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 45% marks. . For postgraduate program Minimum qualification is bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
The career option for an animator is broad. There are many animation houses, studios and advertising agencies looking to hire fresh talent. An animator can work with companies of the animation field of like as Heart Entertainment, Nipuna Services Ltd, Crest Communications, Maya Entertainment, Silvertoon Studio Mumbai, UTV Toonz, Pentamedia Graphics, Toonz Animation India, Padmalaya Telefilms, Jadoo Works, etc. One can specialize as a 3D or 2D modeler, special FX Creator, Animator, Character Designer, Games Designer, and Interaction Designer. One can also work as Background artist, Story Broad Artist, Character animator, Compositor, Special effect artist, Compositor, Lighting artist, Digital ink and paint artist, Scanner operator, 2-D Animator, Image Editor, Rendering artist, Texture Artist, Web designing, Engineering Publishing .
A beginning animator would most probably make around Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month. With proper work experience and talent in animation work one can earn betwee Rs.50, 000 to Rs.90, 000 per month. With time and experince it could go up to 2 lacs or more.
- Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, srishti.ac.in
- The Toonz-Webel Academy toonzacademy.com
- Escotoonz Animation Faridabad escotoonz.com
- National Institute of Design (NID www.nid.edu.com
- J.J. School of Arts www.jjiaa.org
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts (ZICA) www.zica.org
- Industrial Design Center (IDC), IIT Mumbai and Guwahati
- Arena Multimedia www.arena-multimedia.com
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics www.maacindia.com
- TOONZ Animation India Pvt. Ltd. www.toonzanimationindia.com
- Academy of Digital Arts and Communication www.killickchallenger.com
- RAI University www.raiuniversity.edu
- ANIMASTER www.animaster.com
- The Academy of Animation and Gaming aag.edu.in
- FX SCHOOL Mumbai fxschool.in
- Arena Animation, Frameboxx, AJK Mass Communication Research Centre
- Digital Academy, Animaster, CREA TVT Visual Communication Pvt. Ltd
- L P U lpu.in
- MAAC Animation Institutes maacindia.com
- ICAT http://icat.ac.in
- Van Arts vanarts.com
- Met Film School is London metafilmschool.co.uk.
- SAA School of Art & Animation saa.ind.in
- TOONZ Academy toonzacademy.com
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts – Boston smfa.edu
- The Animation Workshop – Denmark animwork.dk/en
- National Institute of Design – Ahmadabad nid.edu
- Sheridan – Oakville, Canada sheridanintitute.ca
- California Institute of the Arts California calArts.edu
- Digital Animation and Visual Effects School Florida daveschool.com
- School of Visual Arts – New York, schoolofvisualarts.com
- The Maryland Institute College and Art – Maryland mica.edu
- Rhode Island School of Design – Rhode Island risd.edu
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) –Atlanta, Savannah and Hong Kong scad.edu/animation/