Electronic engineering is a special branch of engineering that deals with the behavior and effects of electrons. Electronic engineering, deals with electronic components, integrated the circuits and microprocessors to create new and innovative devices and appliances. Electronics engineers play the important role in the designing, fabrication, maintenance, supervision and manufacturing of the electronic gadgets and equipment used in entertainment, media, hospitals, homes industries and agriculture etc. These engineers work with microprocessors, fiber optics and in telecommunication systems like television, radio, and telephone. They have also worked with the specialist teams to set up electronic equipment and components for a number of industries including hospitals, computer industry, electronic data processing systems for communication and in defense etc.
- E/ B.Tech in Electronics Engineering- 4-year degree course
- E/M.Tech in Electronics Engineering- 2-year master degree course
For diploma in engineering, minimum qualification is 10th class examination with at least 50% marks. Various polytechnics offer diploma in various disciplines of engineering.
Minimum qualification for bachelor degree course (B.E. or B.Tech) is to pass 12 class board examination with at least 50% marks (60% for IITs) in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Diploma holders in Electrical engineering can also get direct admission into second year of Electrical engineering.
Minimum qualification for master degree course (M.E. or M.Tech) is the bachelor degree program in Electrical engineering is required. For Ph.D. minimum qualification is M.E./M.Tech in Electrical engineering.
There is also the Associate Membership Examination of the Institute of Engineers (AMIE), which enables working people in the private and public sector, or diploma holders to acquire a Bachelor engineering degree through distance education.
Mode of Admission
Electronics engineers can find jobs both in private sector and public sector like All India Radio (AIR), Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, BSNL, National Physical Laboratories, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department; National Physical Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Development Centers in various States etc. They can also work with companies which dealing in manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods and appliances. They can also work for teaching and research in engineering colleges. Electronic Engineers can start their own business by manufacture electronic parts, goods and components. For a gazetted post in government, one needs to clear the Engineering Service Examinations (IES), which are held annually by the U.P.S.C (www.upsc.org.in) or S.P.S.C.
Fresher Electronics engineers can get a starting salary between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month with other allowances. In the government sector, the salary of diploma holders is between Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month. Senior engineers can earn between Rs 50,000 and Rs 1,00,000 a month.
- Indian Institutes of Technology(IIT) at Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati,Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mumbai, Bangalore and Roorkee.IMS Dhanbad, BHU Varanasi
- I.T Delhi. www.iitd.ac.in
- I.T Roorkee. www.iitr.ac.in
- I.T Mumbai. www.iitb.ac.in
- I.T Kanpur. www.iitk.ac.in
- I.T B.H.U. www.itbhu.ac.in
- AMU Aligarh amu.ac.in
- Gautam Buddha Technical University Lucknow. uptu.ac.in
- B.S.E. Delhi www.cbse.ac.in
- B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Pant Nagar. www.gbpant.ac.in
- Delhi College of Engineering Delhi dee.edu .
- National Physical Laboratory Delhi. nplindia.org
- Moti Lal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad. mnnit.ac.in
- Institute of Technology Roorkee. itrookee.org.dpmc.in
- Doon College of Engineering and Technology.www.
- Graphic Era University Dehradun. gea.ac.in
- NMIMS Univessitry. nmims.edu
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University Pune. bvuceopune.edu.in
- Lovely Processional University (LPU). lpu.in
- Teerthankar Mahaveer University Moradabad. tmu.ac.in
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Dehradun. upes.ac.in
- Glocal University Saharanpur. theglocaluniversity.in
- I C F A I. University Dehradun. icfaiurnivesity.in
- Mangalmay Institute Noida. mangalmay.org
- Manav Rachna International University mriu.edu.in
- Sastra University Tharijarus Tamilnadu. sastra.edu .
- Pratap university Jaipur pratapunivessity.in
- Mangalayatan University Aligarh. mangaloyatam.edu .
- Amity University amity.edu
- Jaipur University jnujaipur.ac.in
- Manipur University manipur.edu .
- A B E S. Ghaziabad (U.P.) abecindia.com
- Krishna institute of Eng. And Tech Gaziabad kiet,edu
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad. iiita.ac.in/
- Indian Inst of Information Tech & Managt, Gwalior iiitm.ac.in/
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore iisc.ernet.in/
- Anna University, Chennai annauniv.edu
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, bitmesra.ac.in
- Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani, bits-pilani.ac.in
- Haldia Institute of Technology Haldia hithaldia.in
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Garia nsecollege.org/
- Institute of Jute Technology, Kolkata ijtindia.org
- Lingaya’s Inst of Managt & Tech, Faridabad lgimt.org
- JSS Academic of Tech Educa, NOIDA jssaten.ac.in/
- IEC College of Engg. and Tech, NOIDA iec.edu.in/
- Noorul Islam College of Engg, Kanyakumari niuniv.com/
- Koneru Lakshmaiah Colle of Engg., Guntur kluniversity.in/
- Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore acharya.ac.in
- Dayananda Sagar Coll of Engg, Bangalore dayanandasagar.edu/
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore jssateb.ac.in/
- PES College of Engineering, Mandaya pescemandya.org
- SJ College of Engineering, Mysore sjcemysore.org/
- D. Y. Patil College of Engineering, Pune www.dypic.in
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune mitpune.com
- Yashwant Rao Chavan College of Engin, Nagpur ycce.edu
- STE Society’s College of Engineering, Pune sinhgad.edu/
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune pict.edu