The growth of the aviation industry in India opens the door of many job options. One can see the many airlines that have come up like Spicejet, Indigo, Go Air, et.al. They have given stiff competition to those draconian airlines which used to monopolize the skies. This aviation boom has led to a demand of aviation industry professionals such as cabin crew members. This demand has led to the popularity of pursuing a career in this industry. Most would opt to be an airhostess or a steward as a career choice. There are some courses related to this sector. After doing these courses one can work with this sector. This field is open for both boys and girls.
- Certificate in Air Hostess/Flight Parser
- Diploma in Air Hostess/Flight Parser
The courses that are offered in these institutes are usually a diploma course in aviation, hospitality and travel management or a diploma course in hospitality services and aviation. These diploma courses are for 6 month or a year or 18 months. Some post graduation diploma courses are for the duration of six months and Flying Mangoes-a recently founded airhostess training institute even offer a course for the duration of 3 months. The modules/subjects that are taught in these courses constitute of conversational English, e-basic, first aid training, grooming, personality development, aviation history, interview preparation etc. These courses are a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
Those who are between 17-25 years of age and 12th standard pass (some institutes are selected only for graduates only) or an under graduate with a pleasing personality and unmarried can apply for courses. Minimum height for girls’ candidate is 5 feet 2 inch; for male candidate is 5 feet 7 inches with 6/6 eye vision.
This sector provides a broad and bright career option. This field is open for both boys and girls. After these courses one can work with both government and private sectors. Most institutes have a tie up with certain airlines that recruit from them. Domestic airlines as well as international airlines such as Malaysia Airlines, Oman Air, Air Arabia, Ethiad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Qatar Airways and Royal Jordan Airlines do their recruitments from such institutes. Even if the institute does not offer placement, many domestic and international airline have ongoing interviews for cabin crew throughout the years especially since the aviation industry has expanded considerably. Those that have attended a diploma course would definitely have an edge over the competition as they would have been prepared for such interviews. One can work as cabin crew, air ticketing, hospitality, travel management, ground air hostess, check air hostess or management etc.
The life of an airhostess is hectic; beginning morning in one city and ending it in another. But the salary and the perks of the job definitely make it worthwhile. An airhostess who flies for a domestic airline would start a salary of approximately Rs. 35000. While an international airhostess would make approximately Rs. 75,000. This does not include the flying allowance and other benefits. For example an airhostess’s salary package for Qatar Airways would be a tax free salary of 1579 US $ and meal allowances depending on the layover, free lodging and travel discounts.
- Air Hostess Training Institute New Delhi airhostesstraininginstitute.com
- Pacific Airways Training Academy
- Fame Service Training Academy
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics Chandigarh igiaindia.in
- Global Institute, B-!/637, Janakpuri, Main Najafgarh Road, New Delhi-58
- Indian Aviation Academy, 7/8 Rushabh Complex, Opposite Fun Republic Cinema, Oshivara, Andheri (West)
- Sristys Aviation, Sristy’s School of Air Hostess, 307, Swarnajayanthi Complex, Ameerpet, Hyderabad
- Air Hostess Academy (AHA), New Delhi, 24, Ph : 011-29832771-75, 29837481-89
- King Fisher Training Academy Mumbai www.kingfishertrainingacademy.com
- Aptima Air Hostess Academy, J1/164, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi 110027, Ph: 011-5176407, 5176471, 5176432, Fax: 011-5432729
- Flyers Inc,33, Jangpura Road, New Delhi 110014, Ph: 4313411, 4323412; Fax: 4313411
- Pacific Airways, Pocket GH-6/35,PaschimVihar,New Delhi 110087, Ph: 5576463, 5577190
- Free bird Aviation & Management Services, TC-41/2454 Mancaud, Trivandrum-9
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training http://www.fiatfrankfinn.com/
- Flying Mangoes Airhostess Training Institute