Building Designing is also known as Architecture and Interior Designing. Building designer are also called architect.The work of building designers is to draw a map of whole building and directed to the construction of building. During this they remembers the security, light, construction catered etc. The work of interior decorator is decorating building to seeing beautiful. The main work of interior designer is to give different look to houses, offices, hotels or showrooms.
- Diploma –3 years diploma in architecture
- Arch. – 5 years undergraduate course.
- Arch. – 2 year master degree course.
- D. –Doctoral programme.
B.Arch. is a 5 years undergraduate degree course.
For a diploma in B. Arch., minimum qualification is 10th exam pass from any board with at least 50% marks. Various polytechnic institutions offer diploma in B. Arch.
Minimum eligibility for bachelor degree course (B.Arch), is 10+2 or equilvalent exam from any board with at least 50% marks (60% for IITs) in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects. www.jeemain.nic.in
The Council of Architecture conducts an aptitude test on an All India basis for admission to colleges of Architecture. Engineering colleges select students on the basis of the result to the appropriate engineering courses. CBSE is also conduct an entrance test for admission in IITs and NIITs with JEE MAIN (www.jeemain.nic.in) Some other renowned institutes carry their own selection tests to identify suitable candidates while some give weightage to class 10+2 marks and entrance examinations to select students.
Without passing the map of any building or house or showroom the construction cannot be started. So there are many jobs are provided after this course. The jobs in the government and private sector are provided after this course. An architecture can work in government organizations such as Public Works Department (CPWD/PWD), the Archaeological Department, Ministry of Defense, National Building Organization, Town and Country Planning Organization, National Institute of Urban Affairs, Departments of Railways, Post and Telegraphs, Public Sector Undertakings, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, National Building Construction Corporation Ltd., State Departments, Housing Boards, and Local Bodies for construction works, Builders, Architecture Firms, Consultants, etc. After B. Arch. an architect can start own business or work with construction companies.
The earning has no limit for suitable candidate. A fresher can get a starting salary of Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month. In the government sector the salary of diploma holders is Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month. With more experience and established independent consultant/ senior engineer can earn anywhere in between Rs 80,000 and Rs 1,50,000 a month.
- Central Building Research Institute I.I.T Roorkee iier.ac.in
- I.T Delhi. www.iitd.ac.in
- I.T Mumbai www.iitm.ac.in
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi -02 spa.ac.in
- Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh-12. cca.nic.in
- School of Architecture CEPT, Ahmedabad cept.ac.in
- Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Tagore Road, Lucknow 226002. Telephone No.: 91-522-324820
- Goa University, College of Architecture, Campal Panaji, gcarch.goa.gov.in
- Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai -01. sirjjarchitecture.org
- Indian Education Society’s College of Architecture, Mumbai – 50. mu.ac.in
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Architecture, Pune -04, mmcapune.org
- Jawaharlal Nehru School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad -28. jnafau.ac.in
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthpuram -16. cet.ac.in
- Anna University, School of Architecture & Planning, Chennai -25. annauniv.edu/Architecture/
- IPS Academy, School of Architecture, Indore -12. ipsacademy.org
- Bengal Engineering College, Howrah, becs.ac.in
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Haryana. sushantschool.org
- Vastu Kala Academy, School of Architecture & Interior Designing vakaarchitecture.com/
- SRM University srmuniv.ac.in