Fashion designing is a very popular profession in designing field. This is a very attractive field. The Fashion Designer profession is one of the most popular careers among the youths. Fashion design is the applied art to the designing of clothing and lifestyle accessories. Fashion is a term commonly used in relation to clothes, dresses, garments, textiles, etc. There is an increase in quality textiles and materials for the fashion designers to work with. Fashion is identified today with status, acceptance and it almost implies social involvement. It provides abroad chances of job options. Many doors of jobs are open after doing this course. Fashion designing is a bright career option in these days.
- Certificate courses – 6 month.
- Diploma courses – 1 year to 3 years.
- Post graduate diploma courses – 2 years.
- Degree courses (B.F. Tech.) – 3 years.
- Master degree courses (M.F. Tech.)– 2 years.
- B.A in Fashion merchandising – 2 years.
The minimum qualification for degree courses related to fashion designing is 10+2 in any stream or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 45 % of marks. For B.F.Tech. minimum qualification is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For master degree courses, degree or under graduate diploma or B. Tech degree is required for admission.
Mod of Admission
Many institutes are organized an entrance examination for admission in their institution, some other give admission on merit of qualifying examination.
After doing fashion designing course a fashion designer can start his/her own business or work with any designer. A fashion designer can work as fashion technologist, stitching of garments, garment technology, apparel merchandiser, retailer, sell promotional, fashion photographer dress and accessories designer, garment manufacturing technologist, night wear designer fashion consultant, costume designer, stylist, show room manager, fabric buyer or one can open his/her own apparel etc. A fashion designer also can work with retail showrooms, fashion outlets or export houses. A fashion designer also can work with several export houses, garment store chains, textile mills, leather companies, boutiques, fashion show organizers, jewellery houses and media houses. One can work in design production management, designer wear production management, planning and concept management etc. A fashion designer can work with export houses dealing with garment/textile/ handloom exports, Government/Semi government-handloom/textile manufacturers, Fashion show organizers , Fashion publishers, TV/Film fashion programme producers, comperes, costume designers, etc.
The earning is started from Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 per months for fresher and it increases with experience. With experience in designing skills after few years salary would be between Rs.30, 000 to Rs.80, 000 per month and it goes up to 1, 50,000. A reputed designer is demanded in international level.
- National Institute of Design, (NID) New Delhi nid.edu
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) New Delhi niftindia.com
- Pearl Academy Delhi pearlacademy.com
- D Institute of Fashion Technology Jaipur www.jdinstitute.net
- Shristi School of Art and Design and Technology. srishti.ac.in
- Satyam Institute of Fashion Technology Noaida. styamfashion.ac.in
- School of Art and Fashion Technology Dehra Dun saftindia.net
- International Institute of Fashion Designer Chandigarh nifd.net
- International Institute of Fashion Technology New Delhi iiftindia.net
- National Institute of Fashion Design Chandigarh nifd.net
- Wigan Fashion School New Delhi Email: email@example.com
- Apeejay Institute of Design New Delhi apeejay.edu
- Sophia B.K. Somani Polytechnics Mumbai sophiacampus.com
- Mangalore Institute of Fashion Technology (MIFT) Mangalore minglebox.com