Management is very popular course among the commerce educated graduates but it is also accepted by technical persons. Management Degree has become an attractive proposition. The terms management describes a function rather than one particular career, a function carried out by people with widely varying qualification and experience. This degree is approved by AICTE or recognized university.
- Diploma courses
MBA is a Full-time program of traditionally 2 years course. The MBA degree opens up worlds of opportunity. Many business positions require an MBA for advancement. Students during programs can concentrate fully on the MBA experience, which can involve significant extracurricular activities, important for developing networks, career, and leadership opportunities.
MBA in India
Minimum qualification is bachelor degree in any stream for admission in MBA courses in India. Sum institutes required minimum 60% marks in qualifying examination.
In USA & Europe
The basic qualifying examination for doing an MBA outside India (USA, Europe, Australasia) is GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) conducted on many centers across India.
Selection of any candidate in to MBA course Is depend on performance in entrance examination conducted by institutes or organizations. Selection processes has mainly two stage-
Stage 1: Written Entrance test
This examination is a multiple choice tests of maths, verbal, reading, logic and business awareness.
Stage 2: Personality Test
Those who qualify through Stage 1 normally proceed to two stages of personality test
The performance in a group, while discussing a topic of current importance, is evaluated by a panel of judges. Read more about GDs.
Candidates are interviewed by a panel of specialists. Read more about the interview process.
Syllabus for Written Test
Quantitative Ability: A test of mathematical skills which label is high school mathematics. This includes Number Systems, Profit & Loss, Percentages, Averages, Progression, Work, Speed, Geometry and Algebra.
Data Interpretation: A test of ability to analyze and give specific information from Tables, Activity Charts, Caselets, Bar Charts, Pie Charts and Graphs. At times a variety of Analytical Reasoning questions also come under this section. These are both single puzzle-type questions as well as case let data sets.
Verbal Ability: A test of English usage mainly Grammar, Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning.
Reading Comprehension: A test of candidate’s English language, reading and comprehension skills. This section contains a few passages followed by questions that test comprehension of the ideas contained in the passage as well as reasoning skills of candidate.
General Awareness/Business Awareness: A test of awareness of current affairs and business events. The test has questions on political events, scientific developments, awards, economic indicators, brands, CEOs and books.
Logical Reasoning: A test of your analytical skills through Data Sufficiency exercises, puzzles and deductive reasoning. Data Sufficiency questions are based on basic mathematics.
Management Entrance Tests
- CAT – (Common Admission Test) catiim.in – for admission in Indian Institute of Management (Lucknow, Bangalore, Kolkata Ahamdabad, Koghikode)
- MAT- (Management Aptitude Test) aimaind.org
- JMET – (Joint Management Entrance Test) for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- IIFT– (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) iift.edu
- XAT- (Xavier’s Admission Test) xatonline.net.in
- CET- (Common Entrance Test)
- OPENMAT- IGNOU Management Test ignou.ac.in
- SET- (Symbiosis Entrance Test) settest.org
- MICA- mica.ac.in
- UPMCAT – uptu.ac.in
- SRM University srmuniv.ac.in
- GMAT- (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) for study in USA, European and other countries mba.com
Online Preparation of CAT
One can take help from following web portals for preparation of CAT-
- Jagran Josh jagranjosh.com
- Tcyonliness Classes tcyonline.com
- Mindworkzz mindworkzz.in
- Paglguy Center pagalguy.com
- Indiabix indiabix.com
- Simply Learnt simplylearnt.com
- Learnix learnixmba.com
A business management graduates can find a job in many industries as managerial, executive and supervisory posts. An MBA holder can work with accountants, architects, economists, engineers, lawyers, office managers, personnel managers, scientists, statisticians, supply managers and technologists. An MBA holder can work as a manager with IT companies, banks, oil companies, financial companies, event management companies, chemical companies, telecom companies etc. One can also join teaching job in any management college or university.
The earning for business managers is very high. Earning has no matter in this field. A fresh MBA holder can earn from Rs 50000 to Rs 80000 per month. After experience one can earn more than Rs 1, 00, 000 per month. In MNCs earning is very attractive.
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, iiml.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, iimb.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Management Kolkata iimcal.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad, iimahd.ernet.in
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode iimk.ac.in
- Xavier Labor Research Institute Jamshedpur xlri.ac.in
- Institute of Rural Management Anand irma.ac.in
- Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi iitd.ac.in
- SRM University srmuniv.ac.in
- University of Hyderabad acad.uohyd.ac.in
- Faculty of Management Studies Delhi University fms.edu
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi iift.edu
- Indian Institute of Business Hydrabad isb.edu
- IMT Ghaziabad imt.edu
- LPU lpu.in
- AMITY University amity.edu/admission
- Symbiosis University Pune siu.edu.in
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai tiss.edu
- ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aiibm.co.in
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai jbims.edu
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon mdi.ac.in
- Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmadabad mica.ac.in
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai nitie.edu
- S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai spjimr.org
- Shailesh Mehta School of Management, IIT Mumbai som.iitb.ac.in
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar ximb.ac.in
- Fore School of Management (FSM), New Delhi fsm.ac.in
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa gim.ac.in
- International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi imi.edu
- J Somaiya School of Management, Mumbai www.simsr.somaiya.edu
- A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal www.tapmi.edu.in
- University Business School,Chandigarh ubs.puchd.ac.in
- Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur som.iitkgp.ernet.in
Foreign Business Schools
- Columbia Business School USA gsb.columbia.edu
- London Business School Britain london.edu
- Howard Business School USA bschool.howard.edu
- University of Chicago USA uchicago.edu
- Hongkong UTS Business School China bm.ust.hk
- Stanford University USA stanford.edu
- Oxford University Britain ox.ac.uk
- Cass Business School, London cass.city.ac.uk